Broker Authority

To broker freight from shippers, you will need your broker authority, which is also called a Broker License. A broker does not own or operate any vehicles. A broker is the "middle man" who arranges the transportation of freight between shippers and licensed motor carriers. You are not required to take any course or classes to obtain your Broker Authority.


Note: The new MAP-21 regulations take effect for brokers on Oct 1st, 2013. All brokers will be required to have a $75,000 bond or trust fund for their broker authority to become active.

We have 2 packages to obtain your Broker authority license.


Broker Package 

Broker Authority
(USDOT#, MC # & BOC-3)

Includes all applications and our processing fees to obtain your Broker authority and BOC-3 process agent filing. This package does not include the UCR registration, You will need to complete the UCR before starting interstate operations.




Broker UCR Package 

Broker Authority
(USDOT#, MC #,  BOC-3 & UCR)

Includes all application and processing fees to obtain your Broker Authority, BOC-3 process agent filing, and UCR registration. Brokers are also required to complete a yearly UCR registration.





The FMCSA will take a minimum of 18-21 days to activate your Broker MC number. The last requirement, to activate your Broker MC number, is the surety bond or trust fund agreement filing. This needs to be filed by the bonding, insurance company or financial institution directly with the FMCSA. Please contact your agent to have them file the required documents with the FMCSA.

Package pricing includes all applications and our processing fees, with no hidden or additional charges. Orders placed before 4:00 pm EST, Mon-Fri, will typically receive their Broker MC number the same day. Orders placed after 4:00 pm will be processed the next business day. Times stated above are not guaranteed, delays are possible. is a private 3rd party company, we are not the USDOT or affiliated with any government agency.


7198 E Fouch Rd.
Traverse City, MI   49684

Call: (231) 947-5573 Fax: (231) 947-5662